Being a mom is hard work, amiright? AND it can really take its toll on our bodies. Between chasing after the kids and maintaining a neat household (not me…but some people maintain a neat household), sometimes we just want to curl up in bed for a few hours (or days!) of peaceful rest. But what if I told you there’s an easier way to make yourself feel better? It’s called lymphatic dry brushing, and this ancient practice has been used for generations as a holistic health remedy. Read on to learn how it works and the many benefits that come with it!
What is Lymphatic Dry Brushing?
In simplest terms, lymphatic dry brushing is a massage technique that promotes lymphatic circulation throughout your body. The practice involves using gentle pressure from a natural-bristled brush in sweeping motions over your skin. Lymphatic dry brushing helps to increase your blood circulation by stimulating the movement of lymph fluid through your lymph nodes, which are located near each artery in your body. This encourages your body to naturally flush toxins and waste products out of your system more quickly than usual!
Benefits of Lymphatic Dry Brushing
The benefits of regular lymphatic dry brushing are pretty much too many to count!
Here are some of the most prominent:
• Improved Circulation: Regularly performing lymphatic dry brushing stimulates your circulatory system and can help improve overall circulation. This increased flow of fluids helps reduce swelling, soreness, and fatigue in areas where you may experience muscle tension or tightness due to long hours spent standing or sitting in one spot. Additionally, better circulation also helps to enhance nutrient delivery throughout the body in order to promote healthier skin cells!
• Promotes Relaxation: With regular use of this technique, you may find yourself feeling more relaxed after each session! The gentle movements combined with the relaxing effect of being massaged can help melt away stressors like anxious thoughts or worries about the future. As an added benefit, those who practice this technique often report improved sleep quality due to the enhanced relaxation state achieved during their sessions.
• Detoxifies Your Body: By stimulating more rapid movement of fluids through your body’s tissues, you can encourage faster elimination of toxins from within. This helps keep your organs functioning at their peak performance level so that you feel vibrant and energized throughout each day! Additionally, proper toxin removal allows for greater absorption of vitamins and minerals from any foods or supplements that you consume as well – leading to even more energy gains over time. I mean, you know I LOVE to release some toxins, right?
• Enhances Skin Health: Last but not least, many who regularly perform lymphatic dry brushing have reported improved skin health – specifically softer skin textures and fewer blemishes like acne breakouts or age spots. Since this massage technique increases blood flow under the surface layers it can help stimulate cellular renewal processes while providing essential nutrients directly into those deeper layers for improved complexion vibrancy! Also, can we just say….it is KNOWN to minimize CELLULITE! Big smiles all around, friends!
Ok, now let’s get into the how…
Tips For Getting Started With Lymphatic Dry Brushing
As with any new activity, it’s important that you start slowly when learning about how best to perform lymphatic dry brushing correctly – especially since too much pressure or improper direction can lead to bruising or other side effects such as discomfort caused by repetitive motion injuries (like carpal tunnel syndrome). So be sure to take things slow at first until you’re comfortable enough with the basic techniques before attempting longer or more vigorous sessions!
• Start off gently using small strokes across areas near major arteries first so as not cause any accidental damage while getting accustomed with the process itself; increase intensity gradually over time as necessary until desired results have been achieved (remember – no need to rush!).
• Always use natural-bristled brushes rather than synthetic ones as they offer better exfoliation without damaging delicate skin layers; additionally they provide just enough “grab” on rough patches yet smooth enough contact points against sensitive spots like around eyes/mouth area etc… Here’s the one I use (it’s also the least expensive one I found): https://amzn.to/3X4RO21
• Move in upward circular motions towards heart area when performing strokes along extremities such as arms/legs; this ensures proper alignment with blood vessels underneath surface layers thus promoting stronger results without unnecessary effort applied elsewhere (i.e., no need push down!).
• Perform sessions at least once per week for maximum benefit but don’t forget give yourself adequate breaks between them if needed – after all beauty starts from within so taking care our physical/mental health should always come first regardless what else might seem important momentarily 😉
And finally, I actually have a secret sauce I use when I dry brush….it has oils and such in it that help detox and reduce the appearance of cellulite and pretty much makes your skin BEAUTIFUL. Anywho, here’s where you grab that.
Well friends! – there we have it – now go forth & enjoy some self-care – trust me when say it will become mainstay routine way before you know it…so get started today & reap rewards tomorrow!! Until next time…